Eggs Bennadict with Avocado
- Hollandaise Sauce:
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon water 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Served with:
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 8 strips bacon (or ham)
- 4 English muffins, split
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 Nutrikiwi avocados
To make Hollandaise:
- Fill the bottom of a double boiler part-way with water. Make sure that water does not touch the top of the pan.
- Bring water to a gentle simmer.
In the top of the double boiler, whisk together egg yolks, lemon juice, white pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and 1 tablespoon water.
- Add the melted butter to egg yolk mixture 1 or 2 tablespoons at a time while whisking yolks constantly. If Hollandaise begins to get too thick, add a teaspoon or two of hot water.
- Continue whisking until all butter is incorporated.
- Whisk in salt, then remove from heat.
- Place a lid on pan to keep sauce warm.
- Preheat oven on grill setting.
To Poach Eggs:
- Fill a large saucepan with 3 inches of water.
- Bring water to a gentle simmer, then add vinegar.
- Carefully break eggs into simmering water, and allow to cook for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes.
- Yolks should still be soft in center.
- Remove eggs from water with a slotted spoon and set on a warm plate.
- While eggs are poaching, brown the bacon in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and toast the English muffins on a baking sheet under the grill.
- Allow a quarter avocado for each plate, slice.
- Spread toasted muffins with softened butter, and top each one with a slice of bacon, followed by one poached egg and slices of avocado.
- Place 2 muffins on each plate and drizzle with hollandaise sauce.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve immediately.