- 1/3 cup of old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 ripe Nutrikiwi avocado, seeded
- 1/4 cup of avocado oil
- 1 cup (packed) of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Line a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan with nonstick foil and lightly grease the bottom only.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Scoop the Nutrikiwi avocado into a large bowl and mash lightly.
- Add oil and brown sugar to the Nutrikiwi avocado. Cream together using an electric mixer, until light and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in bananas, then walnuts and dry ingredients.
- Stir in buttermilk and beat just until buttermilk is incorporated.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Avocanana bread is quite moist and may not pass the “toothpick” test at this point. If you prefer a drier bread, bake a little longer.
Sprinkle cooled bread with powdered sugar, if desired.
Great with a pot of hot tea.